Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, May 20, 2010

Will Life Slow Down or Will Life Pick Up?

Over the last several days I have been asking myself this very question: Will Life Slow Down or Will Life Pick Up? (this is going to back to my philosophy 101 class freshman year of college!) I have always been one who likes to stay busy and hates to miss out on anything.

When I first entered into the "real world" (full time job after college), I had graduated from college early and all my friends were still out "playing" every night - I couldn't miss out on all the fun. So what did I do? I worked from 8:30 - 5pm every day - then would go meet up with friends for dinner and fun and most nights didn't get home until . . . ?? Then I would get up and go to work and do it all over again! I honestly don't know how I did it!
When I got Sabrina (my precious, 4-legged baby girl), things changed. I no longer could go straight from work to go play with friends and no longer could stay out all hours of the night. I had a responsibility to her. I would at least come home after work take care of her and then maybe head out for a few hours of social time.
Nowadays - 9pm rolls around (even on weekends) and I'm headed for the bed. But I still love to keep busy and to learn new things. This month I'm taking a photography class and next month I'm taking a sewing class. Plus continuing doing Prenatal Water Aerobics 2 nights a week, and usually Thursday night I do something social or charitable. So pretty much I go nonstop from the hours of 5:30am - 9pm, 5 days a week.

After James Bradford is born - I am blessed that I will only be working 3 days a week and that I will get to spend lots of fun and quality time with my sweet boy. I know there will be late night feedings and late night cries(and my body is already preparing itself - wide awake at 3:38am - that's not normal!) and lots of laundry. But oh - it will be so worth it. And I will get to spend that much more time with him.

I know life is going to change after James Bradford, and I am so excited about the future of what life will be like.
Here is the equation:

Full Time Mommy/Wife + Baby - 2 Full days of Work - extras = Anne's Future Life

So, Will Life Slow Down or Will Life Pick Up?? Whatever it is - I know I'm going to love it!

1 comment:

  1. I think it will be both, but in different ways. Slow down with the some stuff you're used to, but speed up with new stuff. I think about this from time to time while I've been in school. Trying to get indo med school I just felt stagnant, like tredding water. The past 2 years I've been moving forward, yelt felt like I'd been stuck in my office the entire time (which in some ways I have). So next year, what will it be? Honestly, the most alive & progressive I feel is when I'm volunteering/serving others. This summer in Haiti i felt my life "pick up" and when i serve at Cornerstone, a free health clinic in Fort Worth, I feel moving. Maybe that goes back to God's plan of serving others before yourself, then you lose that stagnation?

    Okay, now I think I've gone in a tangent different from what you were talking about. Sorry, just some thoughts...:)

    ReplyDelete