Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, May 6, 2010

What's In A Name?!

JBH
Many of you have asked and I'm sure many of you are wondering - if we are going to share the name we have picked out for our precious baby boy - Well, we have officially decided on his name and we want to share it. We know we will get lots of comments and opinions, but we are 100% secure in our decision with what we want to name our baby boy.

DRUMROLL PLEASE - His name will be . . . James Bradford Hall. And we will be calling him "James Bradford" - yes a double name, everyone knows I love them! (So please don't even think about shortening his name to JB! - I'm not a fan of initial names - no offense if you have one!)

So where does this name come from you ask:

James - First of all, it is a very strong Biblical name. Secondly, on a personal note, it is Cory's Father's name and it was his Grandfather's name ("Papa"). It was also my Grandfather's name. ("Poppop")
Bradford - Is my other Grandfather's name. ("Grandpa")

As you can see, the name has great personal meaning to us. He is named after 4 very important men in our lives, who we love, cherish and have extremely fond memories of. We think it will be so special, especially in the future, to be named after family members who are so dear to our hearts.

So there it is JAMES BRADFORD HALL - we love it (and him)! And we hope you like it too!

7 comments:

  1. I love it! Such a strong name!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Grandma thinks his name is wonderful : ) !!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't wait to meet little JB! Haha J/k! I can't wait for James Michael and James Bradford to hangout during stroller moms!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it! Love it! and love him so very much!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love it too! Can't wait to meet Little James Bradford!! Hopefully we will be neighbors SOON, and I can see him a TON!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the name-it's a great one! And I love double names too! We tossed around several for both of our kids!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I LOVE double names - Jenny's naming her little girl Helen Claire (after our grandmother Helen) and calling her Helen Claire - so yea for double names!

    ReplyDelete