Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, May 19, 2010

James Bradford's First Monogrammed Gift

As most of y'all know - I didn't have a middle name as a child! On my dad's side of the family - they don't have middle names! (I'm not sure why - it's a Grinnell thing!! or maybe a northern thing!) Everything that I had monogrammed just had an "A" or "AG" on it - which I loved, but for some reason it just didn't seem complete without that 3rd initial. I was so excited to get married and to take my maiden name on as my middle - and wow, how that monogram all the sudden looked complete with that 3rd letter!

Like I mentioned last week - it was our 3rd Anniversary. Cory was out of town, so my parent's waited until he was back to give us our Anniversary present. (Yes - I know, We are spoiled!) Mom kept asking me what we would like, and there really wasn't anything we needed or wanted. I told her, I didn't want a check, that I would prefer a surprise. And so a surprise we got!
Mom delivered this basket of goodies to us. It was so much fun opening it all! And I just had to share with you my favorite thing in the basket! -
She had found this cute hooded elephant towel wrap at the Blue Willow (one of my favorite stores - if you live in Birmingham and you haven't been, you need to check it out)Isn't it adorable?! I love the big pink ears and the long trunk. I undid the towel - Check out the back!
James Bradford is going to look precious! His first monogrammed gift!
Thank you Grandma & Gramps!! He cant wait to use it at the lake!

2 comments:

  1. James Michael is jealous! He kicked me real hard when I looked at this! James Bradford is one lucky little boy. I hope you enjoy your water aerobics class without me. By the way...do you think that James Bradford will come out with a thing for Hannah Montana since you use her shampoo? Just curious.

    ReplyDelete