Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Friday, May 7, 2010

Scooping It With The Girls!

Last night I met up with 2 of my girlfriends to go the Yummy Mummy MyScoop party. We had such a great time. It was at the Matt Jones Gallery downtown, and featured lots of good food and beverages and fun music! It was such a fun time to get together, dress up and be a part of the Birmingham Social Scene.

Not only is it fun socially, but by attending these events it supports local charities. Your entry fee to the party is actually a donation to a charity. Last night the event supported Jenny's Light. I honestly had never heard of the organization. They had a flyer with information on it, so I took one and read about it and it interested me. The organization is all about increasing awareness of perinatal mood disorders, which includes postpartum depression and it started right here in Alabama. Being pregnant, having friends that are pregnant, friends actively trying to become pregnant, and friends that plan on starting a family in the near future, Jenny's Light, was something I thought I should learn more about being at this stage in my life. So this morning I found their website and one of the girls that I went to the party with, shared a blog with me this morning. I encourage you to follow the link to the Jenny's Light website and read more. What a great organization it seems to be and I am so glad I was able to support Jenny's Light last night.

One of the best parts of being a "Scoopette" is that not only are you supporting great organizations, but you also get a swag bag at the events! Last nights bags were fabulously filled. Check out all this good loot!!

My favorites of the evening: 2 pairs of earrings, $10 gift certificate to Once Upon A Time (Baby Store!), a pink & leopard print oven mitt, Free Monogram certificate to the Blue Willow (James Bradford is going to love this!), a Tshirt from Brookwood Medical Center (where James Bradford will be born) and there was even more!

Oh, and don't worry - Cory wasn't sitting alone at home twiddling his thumbs. He was down in Destin working a food show - so he was out having fun too - enjoying the beach/pool and lots of good food!

No comments:

Post a Comment