Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Friday, May 14, 2010

Painting For A Cause

Last night my mom and I attended a "Paint For A Cause" party. This was the first time I had ever heard of the organization. The parties are very similar to Sips N Strokes (although I have yet to attend an official Sips N Strokes) - There is an instructor, she provides all the materials and is very helpful. But the neat thing about "Paint For A Cause" is that half of the money from the night goes to a "cause"
Several weeks ago I received an evite from a friend of my sister's, who was also in a community group of mine, for a paint party. It sounded like fun and I liked the picture they were painting so I decided to reply Yes. Plus it was for a good cause. - She was raising money for the adoption of her first child. She and her husband have completed the adoption process and are just waiting for that call that a family has chosen them to be their child's adoptive parents. I hope and pray that this sweet couple will be blessed with that call soon. They will be great parents.

Last night was a blast. Mom and I had so much fun. Mom was a pro painter! I was so impressed. I tried my best to match my colors to James Bradford's bedding and can't wait to hang it in his nursery.

Check out http://www.paint4acause.org/ - what a great way to raise money for a cause!!

No comments:

Post a Comment