Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Photography 101

My wonderful husband surprised me this past Christmas with a new camera. I was so pumped - especially because I didn't expect it at all. We had decided not to do Christmas presents - and then he broke out this awesome gift for me - a Canon Rebel T1i. (Way to make me feel bad, Cory!)

It has been such an amazing camera. We have gotten lots of great photos with it already - especially when we went to Pasadena. - Doesn't it look like we were right on the field?! Amazing!


Anyways, we decided I should take a photography class because of course I only know how to use the camera in Auto mode, and since this camera has a manual mode - I need to learn to use it! And we figured I better take it now, because once James Bradford arrives - there is no way I'm going to give up 3 hrs everything Tuesday evening for a month!

I decided on taking a class at Birmingham School of Photography. Oh My Goodness! I felt like I was back in college - struggling in Physiological Psychology! We had our first assignment this week - take 36 pictures and bring in 20. Here are some of 20 pictures needed for class tonight:







I'm interested to see if I passed my first assignment or not. Photography is a lot harder then I thought it would be!!


2 comments:

  1. Great pictures, Anne : )!!! I'm sure you passed-----------can't wait to hear what your teacher said last night!!! Love you, Mommy xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think they look great! Can't wait to see you Friday!! :)

    ReplyDelete