Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, May 24, 2010

Relaxing Weekend with The Jensens

Cory and I were in need of some R&R, and so were our good friends Jeff & Emily. The four of us were in need of a weekend get-away with no house chores, no work / blackberry emails, no commitments and no schedules.
Friday evening we loaded up and headed down 280 to Lake Martin. On our way down, we started off our evening with one all of our favorites - Mexican for Dinner. Although, Jeff & Emily had had it for lunch that day and Cory & I had it the night before. We can never get enough Mexican Food! And its the best way to start a weekend!
R&R was what we got all weekend. Swimming, Boating, Lounging at the pool, People watching, game playing - and can't forget a lot of good eating!
We all came back relaxed and sun burnt! We had a great weekend!
Here is Emily & Jeff - we went to the new horse stables on our way home Sunday. They were gorgeous! Now if only we had gotten a picture of the 4 of us. Oh well!

Today we are 23 weeks! It's so hard to believe that 20 weeks ago (Jan. 4) we got the call from my sweet nurse to let us know the exciting news! 20 weeks seems like a really long time, but it also feels like it was yesterday! 23 weeks - that means only a mere 17 weeks until James Bradford is here. (If not sooner, if I follow in my sister's and mother's footsteps!) Right now, he is the size of a large mango. (Side Note - Funny they should use a mango illustration - This past weekend I made a fruit salad and put mango in it for the first time - do you know how difficult those things are to cut up?! I need some serious lessons!) Anyways, he weighs just over a pound now and is over 11 inches long! Loud noises are being familiar to him - such as the vacuum, Sabrina & Rosie's barks and prob. more then anything my loud voice! We have our 24 week check up on Thursday and I can't wait to hear his little heartbeat!! He is still kicking around a lot which I am loving and I'm just waiting for him to get strong enough so Cory can feel it too! I think he also has had a case of the hiccups several times, I could be mistaken, but that's my best guess of what I have been feeling. I am still feeling great - and yes, I am still wearing heels! Several people have told me, that its time to get a comfy pair of flats, but I just can't give up heels just yet - although, I know that day will be here soon, where heels won't be as comfortable to me as they used to be. I'm holding on as long as I can!

No comments:

Post a Comment