Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Monograms, Appliques & More

As most of you know, I never had a middle name until I got married. I always loved things that were monogrammed, but without that middle intial, my monogram, just didn't look right. Now I am obsessed with monograms! And of course I am passing this obsession on to James Bradford. (He will prob. look back and think he had a crazy mother for always putting him in monogrammed outfits and having everything with his name on it!)

Anyways - I wanted to pass on some great websites for purchasing monogrammed and appliqued items and gifts. I have some really great friends that are entrapenuers and I am so proud of them!!

1 - http://www.fivefrenchhens.com/ - My friend Emily has been sewing and monogramming for years. She recently just started an online store full of precious monogrammed and appliqued gifts. She does beautfiul work and has done numerous things for our family. Burp Clothes, Bibs, towels, blankets - she has it all! Plus great prices and fast turn around time - just order away and she has all the supplies. If you live in the Birmingham area, she will reimburse you for the shipping. Best of all - All items come wrapped in a cello bag with ribbon - perfect for gift giving and accepts PayPal as payment!


2 - www.sewmanydesigns.blogspot.com - If you are looking for someone in the Birmingham area to monogram or applique - check out my friend Lindsey's blog. She too does beautiful work and has done numerous things for our family. I have had her monogram hostess gifts, daygowns, and my mom has used her numerous times for appliqued shirts and burp clothes. She has lots of cute designs to choose from. She too has great prices.

3 - www.themonogramswap.com - Lauren, one of my friends from college, started this business awhile back. Its a great concept - you can sell your monogrammed items on there and/or purchase monogrammed items. It's sort of like ebay, without the bidding, but only for monogrammed items. This website has even been featured on some famous bloggers blogs - other then mine of course! Ha!

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the shout out, Annie!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ok, so I just went to themonogramswap.com and there is someone on there who has posted things for sale with a daughter named mae. unbelievable!!! thanks for the tip!!! can't wait to see pictures of james braxton. ellen and i were just talking about it on wednesday!

    ReplyDelete