Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Friday, August 6, 2010

Fabulous Friday Finds - Toy Chest

I know, I know . . . Once again I have been a slacker in the world of blogging! And several of you have made me aware of it! (Man, Yall have high expectations of my blog updates!)
It's another Fabulous Friday! And I am so thankful - all day yesterday I thought it felt like Friday, wish it had been. I'm ready for a fun weekend - it is my 10 year High School Reunion. I have been waiting 10 years for it and am so excited! More to come on that next week!

Today's Fabulous Find is James Bradford's toy chest.

Several months ago I was doing shift work for Junior League's Bargain Carousel. I was helping Emily out in the book department - getting ready for the big sale. She didn't crack the whip on me to bad, so I decided I would take a look around and see if there was anything I couldn't live without and needed to purchase at the upcoming preview party. As I wandered through all the departments, I finally stumbled into the heirloom department and came across the toy chest.

It was pink and had wooden raised flowers on it. (at that time we didn't know if we were expecting a boy or a girl) But it was a great size for storage and it had locking hinges - no way of slamming precious little fingers in it. And we knew we could paint it to fit our future nursery decor.

Of course though I couldn't purchase it then. I had to wait for the preview party that was coming up in a couple weeks. But of course my mom and I stood in line and were some of the first to get into the party and walked straight up to it and it was a done deal for me (after Cory arrived and I had his approval a few minutes later - wanted to make sure he liked it)

We stored it at my parents for several months and kept our accumulating baby stuff in it. Then when we started making progress working in the nursery - Cory began making improvements to the toy chest.

He popped the wooden flowers off and painted and painted and painted. - It took numerous coats of white to cover the "baby girl pink" it was. Another labor of love!

We decided it needed some personality. So we decided to look for a vinyl decal on Etsy. I found a great person to work with for vinyl stickers - if you are in the market, check out Lola Decor on Etsy. Jamie of Lola Decor is so helpful and wants to get everything just right. She and I emailed back and forth numerous times getting the color, font and size just to my liking. And then less then a week later the decal arrived at our house! And this is what the toy chest now looks like:


Happy Fabulous Friday!!

2 comments:

  1. Seriously precious toy chest! I apparently need to take you shopping with me because you sure do have some fabulous finds!! :)

    ReplyDelete