Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, August 9, 2010

34 Weeks and VHHS Class of 2000 Reunion!

Today I am 34 weeks! 6 weeks or 42 days until James Bradford enters our life! It's so for real! Last week we took a tour or the hospital which concluded our 4 week course on "Prepared Child Birth" Cory asked if we would be receiving a certificate / diploma for now being a certified parent. But he was denied! No certificate of completion! Ha! We also completed our "Breastfeeding" class - no certificate for that either. We are enrolled to take a "Child Safety / CPR" class in 2 weeks - maybe they will surprise Cory with a certificate for that class!
I am continuing to overall feel great! Other then being hot all the time. - Which you know is so unlike me. I am no longer using my heater at work, and taking my shoes off and putting them on the slate floor is just an amazing feeling these days!

I have discovered the secret to great sleep. - Lots of pillows set up in a fort like fashion & Tylenol PM (don't worry, I have ok'ed this with my Dr!)
This past Saturday was my 10 year high school reunion! Hard to believe it has been 10years!! I loved High School - Especially, my senior year! So I have been anticipating our reunion for 10 years now! Hard to believe the night has come and gone.
We go in tomorrow to see the Dr. for our 34 week appt. Can't wait to hear his heart beat and see what the Dr. has to say. Yippee!

Cory had been out of town all week so he opted not to go. So one of my best friends since 5th grade, Leslie, and I and went together.

When we arrived at the Museum of Art, I don't know why, but I was actually a little nervous - WHY?! Who knows! We walked in and this is what we received:

Name tags with our senior portrait. Ha - Just in case you didn't recognize me or forgot my name! It was fun looking at peoples pictures on their name tags to see how people had changed over the past 10 years.

And walking into a room of everyone you recognize - all nervousness disappeared!

It was so fun catching up with everyone. Some people who I hadn't seen since High School, others that I hadn't seen much since college. (We had a pretty good size group from our class attend Samford) and then others who I just occasionally bump into since a lot of us still live in the Vestavia area. All night they played music from our high school years. Wasn't much dancing going on though!

I think the world of facebook has honestly killed reunions. There weren't any surprises. I already knew who was married, who had kids, who was divorced, what people looked like and who else was going to show up to the reunion pregnant! But it was still fun!

The after party: A Keg Party at someones parents house! (someones house they used to have parties at in high school in our old neighborhood - it was for old times sake - for the record - he no longer lives at home and is now married!) Leslie & I chose not to attend, But we got a good laugh out of it.

I was a little disappointed in the overall attendance of the reunion. I keep saying - I don't understand why people wouldn't come. And Cory keeps telling me "Not everyone loved high school and wants to go back!" But I did understand that it could be expensive, especially for those who live out of town.

Overall though - A great fun night of catching up with old friends, reminiscing about old memories and our awful fashion style from 1o years ago! Counting down the years till the 20th reunion. 10 more years to go!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment