Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, August 17, 2010

1 more year . . .

Yesterday officially began the last year of my 20's. I turned 29 yesterday! Looking back, so much has happened during my 20s - turning 21, graduating from college, purchasing my first home, meeting my husband and getting married and then finding out we are expecting! (Oh and can't forget going to see the Tide win a National Championship!) Wow! And there is still so much to happen in the upcoming year. So much excitement and love for this new precious life that will enter this world in just a few short weeks!

Yesterday was a great day! Of course I had to work, but I took a long lunch hour (well 2.5 hours to be exact -oops!) and mom took me to lunch and we went shopping. We had such a fun time. We were on the hunt of some cute hospital pajamas. Mission accomplished!

That afternoon I came home to find that my husband had been slaving in the house! - Laundry done, fresh linens on the bed (if you have a dog that sheds and that likes to get in the bed - you know how wonderful that is!), hall closet cleaned out and organized with all of our diapers in it, and he even cleaned out under the bathroom sink - making room for all of James Bradford's bathroom essentials! What a wonderful gift of love!

And he had already given me a gift:


A 50mm lens for my camera. I was totally pumped! By several recommendations from friends, who I admire their photography, I had told Cory that this would be a good investment for when the baby comes. And much to my surprise - he got me one! Unfortunately, I haven't had much time to play with it yet. But I cant wait to have some fun with it and take some pictures. (if anyone has any tips on using this lens, let me know!)

To conclude my special day, Cory & I celebrated by going to dinner. We dined at a newer restaurant here in town called Zea Rotisserie Grill. And even better - we had a buy one get one free coupon! It was fantastic! Cory had the duck and I had the salmon. Cory said that it was his new favorite restaurant. Highly recommend it! Then we headed over to Mtn Brook Creamery for Ice Cream (had another BOGO coupon! - we love our coupons!). It was the perfect ending to the perfect day!

Here's to living it up, the last year of my 20's!! I already know it's going to be a great year!

No comments:

Post a Comment