Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Boys Weekend v Girls Weekend

This past weekend Cory spent the weekend with some of his good friends down at Lake Martin. I joked and said that it was a bachelor party for him before baby! They had a great time just hanging out, playing nintendo, boating, swimming, playing poker and of course lots of fun in the sun.
While he was away, the Grinnell girls (Mom, Ellen, Laura & I) had planned a weekend of our own. A much different girls weekend then that of Cory's boys weekend.

Friday night we went to go see the Sound of Music at the Virginia Samford Theatre. It was amazing. And it was our first time to see a show in this historic theatre. The size and intimacy of the theatre just made the show all the more impressive. (I wish we had taken a picture before we went - oh well!)

Ellen spent the night with me Friday night and it was so much fun staying up late and having girl / baby talk. She even helped me do some of James Bradford's laundry and helped me get organized! It was so nice to get to spend that one on one time with her.

Saturday morning we woke up early and hit up some garage sales. We bought a few things - but the most fun part was going to our old neighborhood and bumping into some of our old neighbors and friends and doing some catching up. After some early morning garage saling we headed over to Another Broken Egg Cafe for brunch - delicious! It was all such a fun special time with the Grinnell girls. Thank you Mommy!!

The rest of my weekend consisted of more girl stuff: Baby shower for a dear friend and then hours and hours of sewing projects with another friend and her niece. What a fun girl weekend!!

The boys arrived home early Sunday evening. Red faced and tired. Fun was had by all this weekend!

1 comment:

  1. When Brax and I were in Bham for our anniversary we saw that show. It was SO FUN!! It's one of my all time favorites movie/shows, and I thought they did a great job!

    ReplyDelete