Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Friday, June 25, 2010

Fabulous Friday Finds - Bumbo Seat

After you read this post, some of you may think I am crazy and most of yall will think I'm cheap and loony! But Fabulous Friday Finds are all about a good deal right?! - Even if it means dumpster diving or digging through someone else's trash -right?!

That's exactly how I got my Bumbo seat! Last fall, Sabrina and I were out on our morning walk (when James Bradford was just a dream of ours) It was early and that time in my life - I was in an exercise prime of walking 4.5 miles every morning. On our route we would go past lots of houses. This particular morning it was recycling day. I was walking by one house, and something caught my eye that was sticking out of their recycling bin. I walked right up to it, and it looked like a Blue Bumbo seat - sure enough it was. I looked around to see if any one was watching - pulled it out of the bin and examined it. Perfect condition - just a little dirt on it. WHAT?! I couldn't imagine why someone would throw this out. Well, they had it in their recycle bin, so that's exactly what I was going to do - Recylce it!

I walked that last mile home as quick as I could - just knowing that the people driving down Overton Road were probably wondering why I was carrying this odd shaped piece of plastic! Finally home. I got out some cleaner and washed it down. Good as new!!

Who would of known that the dream of James Bradford would come true several months later and that the Blue Bumbo was going to be perfect for him?!

Happy Fabulous Friday!! Have a great weekend!

Oh - update on yesterday - just in case you were wondering. Dr. Stradtman told me yesterday, if I didn't receive a phone call that afternoon, it meant that all my blood work was normal. No phone call. Yippee!!

2 comments:

  1. Oh my Lord!

    Congrats on the glucose test!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You sound like my mom finding stuff in the trash! Too funny but great find!

    ReplyDelete