Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, September 13, 2010

39 Weeks!

Well, Hello 39 weeks!! We made it through the weekend and still no sign of baby Hall! We really thought he was going to come this weekend - shows how little we know! We were glad he wasn't a September 11th baby since its 9/11 - but hey if he had been born on that day we would of welcomed him and his birthday with open arms. And plus the upside of September 11th is that it is good ole Coach Paul Bear Bryant's Birthday! (Can I get a Roll Tide?!) I joked, that we could always change his name. (Ha! Yeah right!)

At 39 weeks James Bradford is approximately 20 inches long and weighs just over 7 lbs - the size of a small watermelon! (Dang - No wonder my stomach is so big!) All of his organs are now fully developed. His lungs were the last to fully mature. He also continues to put on fat - I can't wait to squeeze those chubby legs of his!!
We are now just playing the waiting game now!! Will we make it to my 40 week apt. on Thursday, or will he make his arrival before than?!

Our weekend consisted of waiting on the arrival of James Bradford and lots of college football. Cory ended up staying home and not going to the Alabama v Penn State Game. He told me that I wasn't allowed to go into labor during the game and that if I did - he was thankful that my parents lived so close so that they could give me a ride to the hospital!! I told this to a couple of other Bama fans at Sunday School the following morning - and they all laughed and agreed, they would make their wife wait too!! Well, there was no labor - but a another big win for Bama! Overall a fun and relaxing weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment