Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, September 9, 2010

Some Progress Finally - 39 week appointment!

This morning I had my 39 week checkup. 39 weeks - Oh my! Can't believe we have made it this far!! As I have said numerous times before, I thought he would be here now going off of our family birth history! God has a way of perfect timing though! And he is showing us that, because Cory is now through with his traveling for the next couple weeks - Woohoo! So, no more worrying about James Bradford making his arrival while Cory is out of town or tearing up the highways trying to get back!
We had a 10am appointment today. I always try to get the earliest available - just because I feel like the later in the day the appointment is, the harder it is to find a parking spot and the longer you wait for the Dr. I was right about the parking this morning - Cory and I made our own spot in the deck! But we didn't have to wait long at all to see the Dr. We were in and out! Before leaving work though, I told the other ladies in the office that if I hadn't made any progression and I come back crying - James Bradford wont be here until 41 weeks!
So did I come back crying? NOPE! Thank goodness. I had some progression - not a ton, but enough not to get upset over. I am now 60% effaced (was 50% last week) and 2 cm dilated (was 1 cm last week). And I measured right at 38 weeks, so he has dropped. Plus he is in great downward position for delivery. The Dr. reported he could come any day now. So that was great news. Although I still had to make an appointment for next week.
Making that appointment for next week was hard. Why? - Because Lisa, one of my best friends from high school, (see blog post below) is getting married next weekend. Seeing all of her wedding festivities on my calendar along with that 40 week appt, made me sad. I know I prob. won't be able to make all the wedding festivities or be able to stay long at any events if James Bradford is here, but I still can't imagine not seeing her walk down the aisle and seeing her marry the love of her life. But like I said earlier - God's timing is perfect in all situations! So we'll just have to wait and see what happens!

2 comments:

  1. woohoo! I have been checking for your update all day. So glad you have made some progress and that your spirits are still high! he will be here before you know and you are so right - in God's time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is exciting, you are making progress! Cant wait to see little James Bradford! :) And you are right God's timing is perfect.

    ReplyDelete