Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, September 23, 2010

Week of Firsts

(From James Bradford's perspective)
Wow! Tuesday, I turned 1 week old!! Over the past week I have already done so much! I can't believe how fast a week goes by. A week in mommy's tummy always seemed to last so long. Not much to do in mommy's tummy though - other then to kick and sleep - so time went by slowly, but now there is so much to do!!

First of all, over the past week I have met so many people that love me so much. Everyone wants to hold me! I love all my family and new friends. Thanks for all the love you have shared with me, mommy and daddy. I love all the hugs, kisses, and the yummy food you have given me. I am so spoiled! Have you ever seen one of these?!
I always over heard Mommy & Daddy talking about my big sister Sabrina. But I didn't know she would have 4 legs, be hairy, and like to lick a lot. This is me meeting her for the first time. I love her, and she loves me!

My Mommy and Daddy really want me to like the water. I had my first at my house. Grandma assisted mommy. I wasn't to sure if I liked it so much, but I loved the cuddle time in my towel after. I think I will learn to like the water more especially when I can splish splash in the bath with my bath toys. And I can't wait to swim in the lake I have heard so much about!!

I watched my first Bama Football game with my daddy. Oh it was so fun! And I even wore one of my special game day outfits. (Thanks Mrs. Brooke, Mr. John and Will!) I sat in my swing and just enjoyed watching the game with my daddy. I can't wait to watch lots more!! Daddy is still trying to teach me the fight song - might be awhile though. Although that was a good game to learn the song - I wonder how many times they sang it?! - I can't count that high yet!
Can you believe it?! - I have already had my first baby sitter! One of mommy's friends got married on Saturday night. She, Daddy, Grandma and Gramps all went to the wedding. So my sweet and loving new friend Mrs. Cooper came to stay with me while they were gone for a couple of hours. I had so much fun cuddling with her and being loved on. And I got to swing in my swing. She was so much fun. And I felt so safe.


Here is a picture of Mrs. C and I. Thanks so much Mrs. C for taking such good care of me!

Here are a couple of pictures from Miss Lisa & Mr. Chris's wedding. Mommy and Daddy had a great time.


Tuesday I turned one week old. Grandma's sweet friend, Mrs. Davis brought us dinner. It was so yummy. And it was so fun, because it was like a party! Mommy's family was there - Grandma, Gramps, Aunt Ellen, Aunt Laura, Uncle David, and my cousins Davis and Isaac. (We missed you Uncle Dan!) I even sat in my high chair for the first time at the table with everyone. What a fun night! I can't wait till I am a big boy and can run around with my cousins - they have such fun toys and they are so cool - they came over in their pajamas! I shared my books with them though.

Yesterday I went to the pediatrician. I was excited about going out for an outing. Mommy and Daddy were excited to see how much I weighed. I don't know what the big deal is with weight - but they seemed happy. Today I weighed 6lbs 9.5 ounces. That's .5 ounces more then I weighed at birth. And when I left the hospital I weighed 6lbs 4 ounces. I think all that means is that I am eating well. That was an ok part of my check up, but I didn't realize they were going to hurt me and make me and my mommy sad. They pricked my foot and took blood - ouch! Mommy had never heard me cry like that. Mommy and Daddy had lots of questions for Dr. Wilson. She was so nice and gentle. And oops - when Dr. Wilson was checking me out, I accidentally teeteed on her. I'm sorry!! - She said she was used to it. Mommy said I was good boy so I was rewarded - no, I didn't get a cookie, but I got extra special love from my mommy and daddy.

Did you know Mommy loves to take pictures?! I had my first photo shoot with her. She is so silly she put me in a basket.

Well I've got to take a nap. Its been a long day. Goodbye for now! Love, James Bradford

7 comments:

  1. Oh Anne!!!! He is adorable!!!!!! And, I love the update from his point of view. So cute. This last picture at the end is precious - GREAT job Momma! You look amazing in that picture at your friends' wedding - way to bounce back so quickly! And, just want to warn you.... that little heel prick at the 1 week appointment is nothing.... wait 'til his first shots at 2 months. Definitely don't go to that appointment alone. I was uncontrollably convulsing and crying at Julia's. They don't get much easier, either! So glad to hear you're all doing so well!! xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. SO cute! I miss you already sweet James Bradford!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are such a fabulous blogger, Anne!!! I LOVED reading it from James Bradford's perspective!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anne! I love all the pictures. It seems like you have more sanity than me! I can't wait to get the boys together.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a sweet post! James Bradford is one handsome little baby! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love you, James Bradford!!! And I love your Mommy and Daddy, too!!! You are one lucky little boy.

    ReplyDelete