Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, July 15, 2010

Nursery Underway

It's been a pretty exciting week at the Hall household! Lots of exciting changes in store. Cory's office / guestroom has been undergoing a makeover. The once office/guestroom/gun room/Alabama room/junk room will soon be James Bradford's nursery.
Over the past couple weeks, Cory has been working on a project of turning some of our walk out attic space into an 'office' - Pictures to come soon. Imagine this though - walking through our bedroom, into my closet ducking through a 4 ft door into attic space. That's where he will be working from, from now on! To put it in the words of Cory - he sent a text message this morning to our friend Jeff that said "Hello from my new command post aka midget purgatory!" His wife Emily called me this morning to tell me about the text this morning and she & I got a good laugh out of it! Anyways, Cory has done a great job with making use of the space- he paneled the walls (doesn't have to look or feel fiberglass insulation anymore), carpeted the floor, and has his entire office set up in there. Overall I haven't been very optimistic about the room, but now I think it just may work and I am so proud of Cory for being so confident that we would make it all work out and he did!
Yesterday we had movers come and move out the rest of the furniture in James Bradford's room. Goodbye Gun Cabinet and Goodbye guest bed. We actually had our first spend the night guests last night with no guest bed. Our friend Jeffrey and his son Price were on their way through town and stayed with us. Not having a guest bed makes me feel like the worst hostess ever!! We made do though. We set them up with some egg crates on the floor with sleeping bags and blankets. If you are planning on making a stay at the Hall household, hopefully we will figure out better accommodations for you before your arrival!
Yesterday morning mom and I ventured down to Benjamin Moore at 6:30am to pick out the paint colors for the nursery. Because the house is still for sale, I wanted to still go with something pretty neutral. So we pulled the beige color from the crib bedding and chose "Sea Urchin" (beige) walls with "White Dove" (white) trim work. I think its going to look perfect! The painter arrived this morning at 7:15 and immediately got to work. And what a nice man he seems to be! I can't wait to get home this afternoon and see the progress.
Pictures to come soon of all of our progress. Sorry for the absence of them today!

No comments:

Post a Comment