Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Friday, July 16, 2010

Fabulous Friday Finds - Certificate for One Painted Room

This is one of those blog posts when I am glad our blog is private. Because I would hate for our painter to know how much we really paid for all of his hard work in our nursery. (I will say this though, even though I purchased it at an auction and did not purchase it at retail value, he will still receive his full donation value amount in his tax deductions.)

Back up to several months ago. I was working a shift for an organization I am a part of. The kickoff fundraiser party was well underway and I was working the 8-11pm shift at the "auction" - although, this year it wasn't really an auction. They had priced their donated items at "grab and go" pricing. Meaning you pay what they ask for. Well about 10pm there were still a lot of items left and markdowns were beginning to be made and people began bargaining. I had my eye on some things. Specifically this red crystal necklace from a local jewelry store - at the beginning of the night priced at $150 - at about 10:15 / 10:30pm sold for only $30. If only I hadn't been working a shift and had my bargaining game face on - it could of been mine! Ugh, oh well!

As the clock slowly ticked closer to 11pm (close of the party and auction) the crowd was fastly clearing out. At about 10:30 they said make any offers on anything left. Basically at this point most of the people in attendance were only the shift workers. Then at 10:45 there was a big announcement: ANYTHING LEFT THEY WOULD SELL FOR $10! I grabbed the 2 closest items. One: Five 1 hour personal training sessions (can't wait to use this after James Bradford's arrival) Two: 1 Painted Room by _____ Decorating - including all labor and materials.

Yes, you read correctly - $10 for someone to come and paint a room, plus the cost of materials! We couldn't buy the trim paint for $10 (they were originally asking several hundred dollars for this item- remember this was a fundraiser and this item had been donated). I couldn't get over that I would only be paying $10! I of course immediately thought it would be perfect for the nursery.

By far that was the best $10 I had spent in a long time!

Here is a sneak peak of our painter's work. Almost finished! He came back this morning to finish up -just needs to paint the trim and the doors and it will be finished. Oh - and under that drop cloth is our new nursery chair! - Where I plan on (and can't wait) to spend hours and hours with James Bradford.


Happy Fabulous Friday! Hope you have a great weekend!!

1 comment:

  1. I can't wait to see it all! So glad it is going well. :)

    ReplyDelete