Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, July 26, 2010

32 Weeks & Being Showered!!


Today I am 32 weeks! Wow - in just 8 shorts weeks, we are going to be parents. Life is going to change, but I think we are ready. We are so excited!! We can't wait to meet James Bradford.
According to babycenter - this week he weighs approximately 3.75 lbs (size of a jicama - really?! What is that?!?) and is approximately 16.7 inches long. I am still feeling pretty good. Although I this week I have come to the conclusion that all his kicking may have given me a bruised rib. Oh - but that little bit of uncomfort is so worth it!

Insomnia has also set in! For the past week I have been waking up between 3 - 4 am. What to do at 3am?! - Watch Nickelodeon (The Nanny & Family Matters have become 2 of my favorite shows!), Ive also spent time sewing and cleaning. I have taken Tylenol PM (Doctor approved) several times but I'm not a fan of the way it makes me feel in the morning. I guess I'm just preparing myself for early morning feedings with James Bradford!

This morning I had my 32 week checkup. Cory was unable to go with me because of a work commitment, so my mommy went with me. I love going and hearing his precious heartbeat and just getting the reassurance that he is doing well. When Dr. Stradtman measured me this morning, I was measuring 5 weeks ahead! (37 weeks!) She said he could just be high, but wanted to make sure everything was alright (that there wasn't to much fluid) so she sent us over for an ultrasound. I was so excited to see our baby boy again on the ultrasound as we weren't planning on getting to see him again until his birth day.
Everything looked great! Not 5 weeks ahead - just a week and 4 days! (est. delivery date Sept. 9 - although not officially changing the due date) Our tech also could give us his approximate official weight - he currently officially weighs 4 lbs 12 oz!! She also flipped over to 4D Ultrasound - he was covering his little face with his hand. So cute!

Yesterday I had my first shower. It was so much fun. And we are truly blessed to be showered by so many special loved ones. I was overwhelmed by everyone's generosity. We were so spoiled today! Here is a just a glimpse of all the fun and celebration.




Love all the special touches! The napkins with his precious monogram, the beautiful flowers, and above in the baby bump picture - the favor - yummy cookies with his Monogram on it.


The wonderful and beautiful spread of food! And look at that cute wagon flower arrangement!



It was so fun opening gifts! I was overwhelmed with the amount of gifts and everyone's generosity. Thank You ,Thank You everyone!!


What a sweet and special gift! This is the outfit that Cory wore home when he was born. James Bradford will be wearing it on the day he comes home too. It will be so special!




One of the special things about this shower was that instead of guests attaching a card - they were asked to attach a book for James Bradford and sign it. It was so much fun and now James Bradford has a great library!! Plus, all these books are so special with everyones sweet notes. What a fabulous library he already has!!


All the Grinnell Girls!


It was so special to have the whole Hall family together. They came down for the day from Nashville. It was so much fun getting to spend time with them and our precious nephews!


Me with my fabulous hostesses! THANK YOU THANK YOU!! What a fun time I had. Thank you for your love and all your hard work and making my shower so special.

1 comment:

  1. I am not sure what a jicama looks like, but I know they use it a lot at the California Pizza Kitchen! I am so jealous of your library! What a great shower idea!

    ReplyDelete