Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, July 19, 2010

31 weeks & a Nursery!

Today we are approximately just 9 weeks away from James Bradfords arrival! I can not believe it. Over the past few weeks and months I have heard several stories of babies coming as early as 6 weeks early. I hope and pray that James Bradford will bake as long as possible - but thinking "what if" he were to come in 3 weeks?? - would we be ready?! We're working on it!! I came home from work this past Friday and my sweet hubby had the crib put together and all the furniture arranged in the nursery. So of course I immediately had to put the bedding on the crib. I'm in love with the room - definitely my favorite room in the house! We are still working on it - got to do some decorating, but at least we now have a place for him to sleep, to rock, to be changed and somewhere to store all of his clothes and toys!

At 31 weeks, James Bradford is approximately 16 inches long and weighs 3.3 lbs (about the same weight as 4 Naval Oranges!) and is heading for a growth spurt! He can turn his head side to side and he is beginning to plumpen up all over. He continues to kick around a lot and we he's changing positions a lot. Cory felt him move yesterday - it was definitely not kicking - but him changing positions, maybe he was doing somersaults or practicing diving in for that football!!

Below are some pictures of the nursery. Like I said, it is still lacking some decorating.

This was the iron crib I hunted for months for and was so excited to finally find it on craigslist. And the bedding is from Javis Davis - if you are looking for custom bedding,this is a great place to order from. They are so helpful and you can match up the different materials online to visualize what it will look like. And they are fast!

We found this toy box at Junior League's Bargain Carousel. It was pink and had flowers on it. Cory painted it white and we are going to get James Bradford's monogram put on it. It's going to be great for storage.
This was Cory's changing table as a baby. (Please excuse the shoes on the floor and the mismatch of knobs.) The white knobs are the originals - we are in the process of changing them out. We found black iron elephants that we are replacing the white ones with. If you look closely at the top left hand knob, its an elephant. Had to have some type of Alabama paraphernalia in the nursery - ROLL TIDE! A top you will see a cute onsie and bib - my sweet friend Emily surprised me with these sweet monogrammed items on Saturday. They are so cute. Time for me to get to washing and putting all his cute clothes away!
Here is my dream nursery glider. Cory and I sat in several different chairs and finally decided to order this one. There were lots of fabrics to choose from but thought this one would work the best for us. It took 7 weeks for it to come in, but finally, it's here!! It is fabulous. The ottoman even glides! We are looking forward to many hours and hours of rocking with James Bradford.


And of course big sister Sabrina! - I couldn't leave her out. She loves the nursery. We think she knows life is about to change. She is going to be such a great helper though and I know she will be providing James Bradford with lots of kisses and love!

2 comments:

  1. Looks great!!! Can't wait to see it in person this weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohhhhhhhhh my sweet James Bradford's room---so perfect for him...............he is so loved by his Grandma & Gramps!!!

    ReplyDelete