Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, December 23, 2010

Sleep Training Set Back

**This post was written via iphone and while on medication in the middle of the night - no spell check was used and grammar is awful! I have been advised note to change anything as it makes for future reading humorous!! haha**

Well we have run into a bit of a sleeptraing setback! Just when we were making great progression - a kink was thrown into our plan.

It was just another day at work on tuesday - rather slow though because of it being Christmas week. At about 3:45 I decided to go upstairs and pump. I went in the roomm, grabbed my pump and was sbout half way down the stairs when suddenly I tripped and bamm I was smashed against the stucco wall and was immediately screaming for help. Within seconds I was surrounded by everyone in the hospital and an ambulance was on it's way. I was unable to get and could not move my right leg at all. I was so scared,

I was surrounded by all my sweet coworkers as the brought me water , paper towels to wipe tfe tears and the blood away.they were all so sweet and encouraging - reassuring me that help was on the way and everything was going ok.

The ambulance arrived and whisked me way in the ambulabce. Joe, one of my coworkers accompanied me fir my first ride in an ambulance. On arrival at the emergency room, Cory was waiting for me although he was not able to come to my room utility all paperwork had been completed and I was admitted to the hospital. After the longest 20 minted of my life, I finally got to get lots if hugs and encouragement from my sweet husband.

During the 4.5 hors we did alot of waiting and and people watching. I had a set of X-rays done which showed I had broken my leg in 2 places close to my right knee cap. They wanted a closer look at the fractures so they ordered a CT scan.

Between X-rays and the ct scan I was able to pump. I was so upset another possibility of not seeing my precious baby and not being able to Nurse him.

CT scan - done! There was not an orthopedist on site so they were emailed to him for him to view. He spock with ou ER doctor and told him that he couldn't get a close enough look at them and that he would discuss with us the results first thing in the morning. I balled crying - I dint want to spend the night at the hospital, I wanted to be home with my baby.

We were moved to a room and my sweet mama came up to the hospital to comfort me whil Cory ran home to get some things for us. It was an extremely rough night accompanied by no sleep and a lot of pain medicine - it was finally almost morning.

The orthopedist came in and discussed with us my fractures and that if the crack is 1-2 mm surgery would not be necessay BUT my crack was 3-4 mm so surgery was going to be a must and I wouldn't be able to put any weight on it for 8-10 weeks. I was devastated! Howxsm I suppose to be able to take of James Bradford if I can't carry him around and if I can't drive?!

After we meeting with the dr. - my sweet and precious James Bradford came up to my room with my mom until they took me back for surgery.

I was in surgery for about 2 hours and came out just fine - exhausted of course tough. Cory, james brafmdford my daddy, my mommy and my sweet sisterinlaw were all in my room. I was so so glad to see all of them - although I really can't remember it!

I am so thankful for all the thoughts and prayers. And so blessed to have family and friends that love me and will drop everything to help us and the baby. Debbie and nana drove in yesterday to take care of James Bradford. Mommy and aunt Laura had been taking Carr if him prior to their arrival.
Thank you, thank everyone for everything y'all have been doing and will be doing'z

Pleas continue to pray for me. Here are some specific requests of mine:
1- fast and speedy recovery
2- patience - both physical and mental ( this had already been an emotional rollarcoaster for me)
3- understanding - I know God has a perfect plan, but why Lord?! Why now with a 3 month old?
4- that I will let others do things for. I am very independent - I would much rather get up and do whatever for myself then have others serve mr and be reliant on others.
5- lactation. I am still nursing James Bradford - planned to nurse him for a year. I began having to supplement some do that may of been a set back and now this. I will be having to be pumping and dumping as there is morphine and all sorts of other medicines in my system.

Thank you for all your prayers, love and support.

4 comments:

  1. Anne- I just can't imagine all that you are going through, but have been praying for you so much- especially as different things come to mind- like pumping & dumping while you are on the pain meds, like not being able to carry James Bradford around, etc. Please know that We are lifting you up, and I know that God redeems the struggles and the hard things, and He will be faithful to do that with all this and to encourage your heart in the midst of it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love you sis, and am continuing to pray for you. Can't wait to be able to get down and see you. Love you so much!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anne - I am so sorry that you had to go through this especially at Christmas! Praying for a speedy recovery!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love you and you are right about this all being part of God's plan, even if it is hard to understand right now. James Bradford will be fine...you are such a good Mama!

    ReplyDelete