Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Pushed and Now Pampered!

Saturday I spent majority of my day at the Spa. For my "push present", my sweet husband gave me a beautiful necklace and a gift certificate for a day at Santa Fe Day Spa.

Well almost 12 weeks later, I finally decided to cash in my day at the spa!

My appointment was at 10, but I was told to arrive early to robe and use the amenities. I did just that, I arrived and was greeted with a long white comfy robe and slippers. After changing I relaxed for a few in the sauna.

At 10, my masseuse came in and got me for my hour massage, which was followed by a facial, lunch, then a manicure and pedicure. Wow - it was a fabulous! The massage was much needed as I started working out with a trainer this past week, and I was so sore earlier in the week - to the point of I could barely walk and didn't trust myself to carry the baby up and down the stairs!! I enjoyed the facial, although it left my face smooth but a little sore and the pedicure and manicure were phenomenal.
Can I make this an every Saturday affair?!?!

Everyone was so nice and I felt like loyalty. - Being offered champagne and wine by every person who tended to me.

While eating lunch - I was over listening (one of the things I do best) to the ladies behind the bar in the cafe (they were probably in their early 20s) talking about their night out the night before. They were talking about going to the club. I felt so old - and had to laugh inside as the club they were talking about was a club that some friends and I couldn't wait to go to when we turned 18 in high school. And we thought we were so cool when we finally got to go, although we usually had to be home by midnight and you know the club ain't 'jumpin, jumpin' at that hour. Anyways, so I sat there and enjoyed hearing the run down of each of their evenings - and reminiscing in my head of all the hilarious and immature memories of my experience. It was fun thinking about the memories, but it also made me so appreciative of the stage of life I am at! I am so thankful to be out of the singles scene and to be married and have a beautiful baby.

Thank you Cory for such a fun and relaxing day! And thank you to you and your dad for playing with James Bradford and keeping him on his schedule while I was gone. I was so impressed!

No comments:

Post a Comment