Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Saturday, May 21, 2011

Career Closed

Monday was my last day of work! I am so thankful for my job and it was bittersweet to leave.
I began working at Baxley Dillard Dauphin McKnight and James 7.5 years ago.(well actually it was Baxley Dillard Dauphin McKnight & Barclift then!)
The job came out of nowhere and I am very thankful for that! The week before I was to graduate, a college friend of mine called me up and asked if I was still looking for a job - And I was. He was a runner at a law firm and their receptionist was leaving. He said if I was interested, the job was mine. Of course I was interested - I was about to graduate college and had no idea what I was going to do. He asked if I could come to the office and meet the office manager. I went in and I met my boss, Sara Jane. We talked some and then she asked - "When can you start?" I responded - "I graduate Saturday, so whenever you need me." - She replied - "Can you start Monday?!" - And that's when it all began! - I started the Monday after I graduated from Samford. I told them, I would only be there a few short months until I figured out what to do with my life. They just asked that I stay at least 3 months. Hmm - how about 7.5 years!! HA! I had no reason to ever leave - they treated me so well, everyday was casual Friday (if I wanted!), off days/vacations days weren't counted - just as long as we didn't take advantage of it, working after 5pm and weekends was never anything I had to do and when not feeling well - it was never a big deal to leave or even go lay down! They took care of me and put up with me through the singles scene, to the dating scene, to getting married, having a baby, and even a broken leg! All the support and love they have given over the years has been incredible. I was truly blessed to have worked for them. I learned a lot working there - a lot about law, politics, every day office tasks and even how to deal with crazy callers! Maybe all these days of answering phones and talking to people on the phone is the reason I'm really not into talking on the phone a lot!
Monday may of been my last day, but it's not the last of my relationship with the office. They are going to call me if they ever need someone to fill in (as they do not plan on filling my position right now) and I plan on staying in touch. Although, Monday was it - James Bradford and I were back in the office on Tuesday. They had a special lunch for me. And it was so much fun to bring James Bradford. And I didn't even have to answer the phone while I ate! HAHA! Everyone was extremely supportive of my decision to stay at home with James Bradford. Although, every one said they were sad to see me go, everyone was happy to know that I will be spending my time at home with James Bradford.
Tuesday there were no goodbyes - just hugs and knowing that I will see everyone soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment