Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, April 29, 2010

A Dream Come True!


Today has been a dream come true! It has been such a fun and exciting day for all of us.

My day started at 2am, when I was awakened and laid there bright eyed and bushy tailed, day-dreaming about getting to see our precious baby and getting to hear "it's" little heartbeat. I finally hopped out of bed and went down stairs to watch a Lifetime movie with Sabrina and then Sabrina and I went for our daily morning walk. (Sabrina is so excited about being a big sister!! - she is dreaming about it in this picture of her this morning!) I think she was a little confused about why we arose so early this morning, but she loved it. She just laid on the floor right next to me and occasionally came over to get a love pat from her mama.

DeDe (Cory's mom) & Nana (Cory's grandmother) arrived a little after 7am. We swung by Grandma's (my mom) house and we were all headed to the Dr.
On our way I get a text message from a dear friend of mine reminding me to drink lots of fluids and to bring my DVD - DVD, check!, a little water - um, I think check?! But then I doubted myself that I didn't drink enough and we wouldn't be able to see the baby very well. Fortunately, my mom keeps bottled water in her car, so I chugged 2 bottles of water in about 5 minutes!


(In the waiting room - can't wait to be called back!!)


Cory and I were called back by the ultrasound tech and she did our measurements and told us - "I think its a boy" Cory responded with "You think?" and she said "Yes - It's a Boy!" Cory's face was priceless - the biggest grin I have ever seen! ( I so wish I had a picture of his sweet face smiling ear to ear)

(This picture is hard to tell - but it reads "ITS A BOY!!!")


Then our moms and Nana came back. And we told them it was a boy! Nana exclaimed "but we wanted a girl!" (all 3 of them was convinced we were having a girl prior to the ultrasound!) But everyone was extremely excited about adding another boy to the family! There were even a few tears of joy!

The ultrasound was amazing. We saw lots of movements. He was opening and closing his mouth, waving his hands and kicking his little legs. And we saw his little heart beating at 147bpm. AMAZING! I was in awe. And we have the entire thing on DVD which is so cool - all 23 minutes of it!!
(This is my favorite! - He has his mouth partially open and looks like he is smiling)

After our ultrasound appt. we went to see our Dr. She looked over his stats and was thrilled to see that everything about him was looking perfect!

"For this Child, I have prayed . . . " 1 Samuel 1:27

Today has been a dream come true. What an awesome and mighty God we serve!

4 comments:

  1. OK, I just talked to you and said I read your blog, then I was like "wait... no I haven't!" Anyway, now I have and I love seeing the pics and reading the story and cannot wait to meet my precious little nephew!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post, Annie!!! And, YAY!!! So glad that you were able to find out the gender (A Boy!!), and more importantly, that everything is checking out healthy! You are so lucky that you got to have the entire viewing put on DVD - we didn't get to have that :( .... I'm sure it won't leave your DVD player for the next 20 weeks! Congratulations!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anne!! I LOVE this! I'm so excited you started a blog! Congratulations!! Your stories just make me smile! I can SO see you sitting on your couch at 2:00 am watching a Lifetime movie and being too excited to sleep! :) Have y'all thought of names yet??

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ohhhhhhhh, our precious baby boy : )....so precious and perfect!!! And, cannot forget my sweet Sabrina-------she's going to love her baby brother!!!

    ReplyDelete