Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, February 1, 2011

A lesson in patience

Yesterday I went for my 6 week post surgery Dr. appointment. I was all excited to go, as I had high hopes that I would be able to kick off my brace and put some weight on my leg. Sunday night I barely slept as I was so excited, thinking that I would be able to walk soon and care for James Bradford and have life back to normal.
Unfortunately, that wasn't the news the Dr. gave us. He said that my leg was healing nicely, but I still needed to continue to be non-weight bearing for another 2.5 weeks. After that I can become toe touch weight bearing for a week, then 50% weight bearing for a week then finally 100%. So pretty much 5 weeks until I can walk on it without a crutch.
The Dr. continuously told me why we couldn't cut any corners - that I it could break again and I would have to start over being non weight bearing.
I was bummed! Even my physical therapist was bummed!! But hopefully these next 5 weeks will go by as fast as these past 6 weeks.

Everything happens for a reason. God is good and I know I will look back and will have learned from this situation. What will I have learned? - Well, I am learning patience and how to rely on others for help. God teaches us life lessons when we least expect it.

2 comments:

  1. Praying for you Anne and for continued healing! God teaching us patience is one of the hardest lessons to learn.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You've been such a trooper through all of this. The next 5 weeks will fly by and you will emerge having learned so much about your ability to remain strong and patient. You have amazed me -- such a positive attitude-- but that's just the wonderful Anne we all love!

    ReplyDelete