Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Friday, January 7, 2011

Doctor Update

I was getting tired of writing about my injury so I had to do a couple posts not really related to my injury. But I could not, not journal about some of the hospital stuff!!
**Warning, there is a picture of my leg, if you get wheezy you may want to skip this post**
My all time favorite visitor was of course my baby!! I went 24 hours without seeing this little guy. I am so thankful he was able to come see me. Definitely by far the best medicine. - See that leg all wrapped up . . .

. . . well this is what the inside now looks like. 8 screws and a plate later.(Reminds me of those 'Erector Sets' my brother had growing up) I will forever beep as I go through metal detectors - guess Ill be going for the pat down at the airport from now on!

And here it is - my leg. Count them if you want - or I can just tell you - 17 staples and 3 stitches (one hiding) Unfortunately, I'm going to have one nice scar=( (please, excuse the hairy leg!)
Monday we went to the Doctor and received a grand report. Everything is looking good, although it will be at least another 6 weeks until I can put any type of weight on it. But that sounded better then the original additional 8-10. They removed my staples and my stitches. The guy that removed them all actually went to high school and Samford with me, so that actually calmed my nerves some while they were being removed. It actually didn't hurt! - Just a little pinch each time, not to bad!
The Dr. cleared me to start outpatient therapy, rather then in home. Woohoo! So I start Physical Therapy out of the home next week. Which will be nice to get out and get fresh air at least 3 times a week.
If you ever need an orthopedic doctor, I have a great recommendation! (hopefully you won't ever need one, but let me know if you do!) The Dr. did a fabulous job - plus he is young and handsome! (Sorry single friends, he is married else I would try to work my magic!) He understood my want and need to nurse James Bradford again and to be able to get around and care for him - as he has a wife and they are expecting their 3rd child. Also, he told us that he thought about us over Christmas and wondered how we were doing, adjusting and where we were living. I just thought that was so nice and showed concern for his patients.
Well that's all for now. Hope I didn't gross you out! Over all I was happy with our Dr. appointment! It made for a good start to the week!

No comments:

Post a Comment