Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, October 14, 2010

1 Month Old!

Happy One Month Birthday James Bradford!

Today James Bradford is one month old! I can't believe it - these past four weeks have flown. And my little buddy has changed so much!

On Monday, we went for his one month check up. James Bradford now weighs 7 lbs 12 oz, and is 21 inches long. He is getting to be such a big boy. He is still in newborn clothes, but we just moved up to size 1 diapers - as the newborns were a little tight around his cute little legs. The 1s are still a little big, but they aren't as tight around his legs.

He is so strong! He is already rolling over on his side - often I go in his room and he is sleeping on his side. He sits in his bouncy lamb seat and puts his hands up as if he is reaching for the lamb that is hanging.

I am so proud of his sleeping. He usually sleeps for 1 4-5 hour sleep period at night and then goes another 2-3 hours. Which is great for mommy.

He is a good eater. The Dr. says he is going through a growth spurt. Mommy is trying to keep up, but occasionally we are having him to go into Mommy's "work/play supply" and give him a bottle. I was extremely nervous about giving him the bottle, but he loves it and still loves me! Plus Daddy and Grandma get to enjoy the feeding time him now.

He is changing so much and beginning to get a personality of his own. He smiles and has an oh so serious face. He loves looking around - especially when he is laying on his back or outside.
My favorite time of the day with him is the morning. After his early morning feeding I bring him in bed with me and we cuddle. Then when it's time to wake up Daddy, he cuddles with him before he gets up to work. The morning is by far the happiest time of day for him.





Today he and I celebrated with our first store adventure. We went to Buy Buy Baby. He slept in the car on the way there and once we arrived he was screaming. It hadn't even been 2 hours since his last feeding. But I went ahead and took him into the nursing room, changed his diaper and fed him. (I love Buy Buy Baby - even more after using the nursing room - it was so nice and comfortable. It had nice gliders with gliding ottomans, and a great changing station with disposable pads, wipes and hand sanitizer. And its a quiet room with no flushing toilets or people talking. The other reason I love it so much is that they take Bed Bath & Beyond Coupons!) Anyways, so we went to Buy Buy Baby and for his birthday (and because we had gift cards and credit there) he helped me pick out a tummy time mat / activity gym. We were trying to decide between space and farm, but we decided on the farm - just in case he were to ever have a baby sister - she would prob. like the farm over space. Here are some pictures from my first play time with my new mat.





Then we got a special arrival! - DeDe arrived for the evening. James Bradford was so excited and he cant wait to spend time with and be held by DeDe!

What a fun and exciting day. We love you James Bradford!!

2 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday James Bradford! Anne, I am proud of you for getting a tummy time mat...and that one is cute! I hope to see you soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love all the pictures of James Bradford! He is precious.

    ReplyDelete